Saturday, January 03, 2009

2008-A Year of Vacations and New Experiences

So 2008 brought a bounty of vacations and new experiences for me. Here’s a run-down of what I did this year.

January- Kat and I took our annual “get out of Provo and go somewhere warm” trip to Arizona. We got to hang out with Ritz and Leah and had a fabulous time! On our way to Mesa we slept in a wigwam on Route 66! That was awesome!!
I became an aunt on January 13th when my first nephew Cruz was born!
I began grad school at San Jose State University.

February- My co-workers and I went to San Antonio Texas for 4 days. We enjoyed the warm weather and eating outside on the Riverwalk.

March- Shelly, Eric, and I drove to Seattle for Cruz's baby blessing. My parents flew out for the blessing as well. It was fun to see Seattle and visit Brendan and Tatem.

April- Caroline and I took a "vacation" to Salt Lake. We went to the temple with Jenny and hung out at the zoo. It was a really fun hometown vacation.

May- I relaxed after finishing my first semester of grad school, then 2 weeks later began my 2nd semester.
I went to Goblin Valley and Natural Bridges National Monument on Memorial day with my co-workers.

June- Sariah and I went to a concert at UVU. It was a lot of fun!

July- My entire family (except for Gary and Eric) went to Seattle for a week. It was so fun to see Brendan and Tatem's new place and of course play with Cruz. We got to see more of Seattle and just have a fun time together.
I also went to an Opera (my 2nd one) in Logan with my co-workers.

August- I went to Cedar City twice. Once for a work conference and the second time for the Shakespeare Festival with my co-workers.
I went to the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival something I like to do yearly.
I began my 3rd semester of grad school.

September- I went to the Sheepdog Festival for the 2nd time. Last year it was blistering hot, this year it was freezing cold! But we still had a good time!
My mom came to town and we spent time going dress shopping with Shelly and working on wedding plans.

October- A bunch of us old 2nd Warders got together and had a great time reuniting!
I had my wisdom teeth removed, it wasn't super fun, but it's over!
I went to "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" in American Fork with my co-workers.

November- I had Thanksgiving at my grandma's house in Payson.
Shelly had a family bridal shower and I continued helping her with wedding plans and getting her bridals taken.

December- I helped at the Festival of Trees in SLC. It was a really neat experience.
I went home to Missouri for Christmas.
Shelly and Jershon got married in Nauvoo on the 20th.
Gary and Carla got married in St. Louis on the 27th.
I got to play with Cruz for a whole week!

1 comment:

Nama said...

What a fun year! I love that you traveled a lot. Maybe this year, you could travel to Houston to see me!