Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seriously? Do you have to do that here?

I like to study on campus because it gives me a break from studying at home and I tend to be less distracted.

However, sometimes I wonder if I really want to submit myself to being on campus. Like today, I'm at the library reading and minding my own business. When a couple (they were either engaged or married) sat at the table with me. That's fine. I can share the table. But then they proceeded to whisper sweet nothings, and kiss, and cuddle and just basically annoy me for over an hour!

Seriously? Did they have to do that here? Couldn't they go find some spot of grass to cuddle on?
Blech!

8 comments:

Rach said...

I agree. Smooching does not equal studying. But maybe they need to feel "productive" too.

Leah said...

Gross!! Boundaries people.

Brendan & Tatem said...

why did'nt you just tell Shelly and Jershon to leave??????

kat said...

listen, all people have different learning methods!

ldsjaneite said...

Actually had a couple doing that (happily to a mild degree) in front of me when our stake met in the temple today. Eeek.

Anonymous said...

wow, this makes me not miss provo at all.

Brendan & Tatem said...

I would say that they were engaged, because the minute you say, "I do" all of that smoochy crap goes out the door.
-Tatem

Danette said...

Seriously, I had a couple do that while at the 1st floor desk. The guy had his back to me, leaning up against the desk, and he was smooching his girl. Seriously, do we need to do that at the 1st floor ref desk??? I get it, you're in LOVE...