Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter is taking over my life! (and for the most part I love it!)

So it all began back in March...We decided to have a Harry Potter Party at the Provo Library and I volunteered to represent the Teen and Adult Services Department in planning this library wide event.

It is going to be really cool! (However we have already given out all of the tickets, but if you want to volunteer to help you can come!!!) We are going to show the first 4 movies all throughout the day. They are going to run from 9:30 am until 7 or 8pm. You don't need a ticket to come watch the movies so if any of your are interested you should come.

Then from 6:30-8:30 we are going to have a carnival-style party in the ballroom. We are going to have face painting and a fortune teller, a costume contest and play Harry Potter Scene it. And we are going to have some of the classes as well. Potions, and Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures (the Bean Museum is coming to do a bird and reptile show), and Charms. There will be crafts and such. It has been quite a bit of work to plan, but is going to be a lot of fun.

I have been working on getting together the owl paper bag craft, and the trivia quizzes, word searches and the movie marathon. (This doesn't seem like a lot when I have it written down, but it seems like I spend all my time at work working on the Harry Potter stuff)

I will be running the Charms booth where we will make chopstick wands and then I will give a lesson in Wands. I am just going to make stuff up. You know the old "swish and flick" It makes me feel like Professer Flitwick.
I also recently finished reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince".
Tonight I went to see the new Harry Potter party.

Harry and I have been spending quite a bit of time together. I think that things are getting pretty serious!

2 comments:

Em said...

Sounds like fun! You're a party planning genius! Wish I could play!

Nama said...

yeay for harry potter!

i can't wait until friday night!!